The archive holds a large supporting collection (printed, published material) relevant to the gas industry including :
- An extensive reference library of books covering technical, commercial and organisational aspects of the gas industry through the 19th and 20th centuries ;
- A collection of Gas related Acts of Parliament & Statutory Orders, including those relating to the setting up of many of the individual gas undertakings, to local authorities which include sections relating to gas supply and legislation for the overall control and regulation of the gas industry in a specific area of the country ;
- Commemorative booklets issued by gas undertakings for anniversaries, work openings etc. Such material often contain historical information, pictures and works plans ;
- Bound Transactions of the Institution of Gas Engineers, District Gas Managers Associations and Junior Gas Associations and an extensive library of papers presented to those organisations by members and other individuals since their inauguration;
- Bound volumes of technical periodicals such as the Gas Journal, The Gas World, Gas Times and annual year books and directories associated with such publications ;
- A collection of in-house magazines for some of the larger undertakings pre nationalisation and from Regions post nationalisation ;and
- We have a large Film and Video collection including films produced by the Gas Council, the British Commercial Gas Association and British Gas Corporation for which we hold copyright.